View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 07:36 AM

Default Dogs are really wonderful companions, aren't they?

Hi DebbieG.

I am glad to hear that those issues with Kaiser are now under control. Yes, I also believe any dogs can learn what they can do and what they can't (boundaries and rules of each family) if you are consistent and patient.

My dog, Holly, also barks with joy when I come home. It doesn't bother me much so I didn't correct it. Being away for 9 hrs is a long time for her and she misses me so much although my husband is working from home and we have another dog. However, just a few days ago, I decided to turn around as I come inside the door and wait Holly to be quiet. She already learned it how it works. She gets my attention AND a little treat so she likes this way better

I repeatedly wrote that I don't use Alpha techniques but if they work for somebody to control his dog, that is fine. Our ultimate goal is to become capable of controlling our dogs so that they can fit better in our family and society and there will be less dogs to be abandoned and eventually killed.

I agree with you about training husbands. My husband is also too easy for my dogs. When I eat with him, Holly and Noah are on their beds and don't beg for food. However, when he eats lunch by himself, I think he lets Holly puts her head on his lap with a hope that some bread crumbs will be dropped. I need to train my husband more than my dogs

Anyway, I am going to try to attach a photo of my doggies and my grandson today. I don't know if it will work or not. Will see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HollyNoah.JPG (37.4 KB, 17 views)